Money

When I lived in the Caribbean, a much bigger species of a millipede ran through my living room when I flipped on the light.  I was able to pin it with the big dog food dish while someone else fetched a glass jar and lid.

I could hardly breathe. The beast that day was 5 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter.  Looked like something you'd see in a museum!  Plus they are venomous, like bees!  And one this big, well that's a bite that I was sure I'd not want to experience.



The next day, I went to work and shared my life-threatening experience with the ladies I worked with.

One asked me if I touched it.

WHAT?  ARE YOU CRAZY?  NO!

Well, I was told that if I touched it, it would bring me money.

I quickly responded, You touch it.  You keep the money!

And ever since then, I always think of this story when I see a millipede of any size.  This lil' fella came out to greet me on Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts

Hunter's accuracy

Meditation with broom tails

Pet Peeve: Happy or No Worries